Peter Pan Nursery School
Welcome to Bedford Nursery Schools Federation which incorporates Peter Pan and Cherry Trees Nursery Schools. We have a team of dedicated and caring staff who are passionate about giving children the best possible start to their educational journey. Our belief is that the key to a successful experience at school is inclusion. We endeavour to work closely with parents and carers to involve them with their child’s learning journey.
At our schools all children and families are valued and treated with equal respect. We embrace our cultural diversity and celebrate all faiths through festivals encouraging all families to take part.
We are extremely proud that both schools have been rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted with the most recent inspection taking place in July 2019.
As we start a new school year we are going to see some changes to the way we deliver education and care to all our children and we look forward to welcoming all our new children and families and working together in these uncertain times.
During this current period, whilst parents are choosing not to send their children to school or if children are required to self-isolate, we are aware that children still require access to learning.
At Peter Pan we are delivering home learning and access to learning resources in the following ways:
- On the school website, activities are published daily for children and families to carry out at home. These are linked to the curriculum that we are following in school.
- We have a closed You Tube channel that stories read by children’s keyworkers are uploaded to. These stories are linked to the stories that we will be reading in school. Rhymes and songs can also be found here.
- Parents are informed of the home learning through the use of Parent Hub and are directed to the school website where activities linked to the stories are posted.
- Keyworkers and the Family Support Worker make weekly, and in the case of more vulnerable children twice weekly, calls to parents to ensure that they are well and accessing the remote learning.
- Keyworkers and Family Support Worker make calls to those families who are not accessing nursery education to ensure that they are well and able to access the remote learning.
- We encourage parents to share their home learning by emailing photos to the school office.
- We signpost useful Iinks to other websites to support family learning and engagement.
- If we establish that a child does not have access to the internet via a computer or mobile device we will work with that family to ensure home learning is being delivered appropariately. This may be through the use of paper copies of activities.